Malden, MA Orthopedic Surgery
North Suburban Orthopedic Associates, Inc.
From broken bones to chronic conditions, North Suburban Orthopedic Associates Inc. offers their patients prompt and reliable care for the most common, yet potentially dangerous injuries. For over 30 years, we have stressed the importance of treating injuries as soon as they occur. There are many reasons you may need to see an orthopedist, and many ways we can treat you.
- Arthritis - Also known as joint inflammation, there are more than 100 different types of arthritis, affecting different joints in the body. In an injured or diseased joint, swelling, pain and stiffness occur. Inflammation is usually temporary, but in arthritic joints, it may cause long-lasting or permanent disability. The most common forms of arthritis include:
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Carpal Tunnel - This common condition occurrs when there is swelling or irritation of the synovial membrane around the tendons in the carpal tunnel, resulting in pressure on the median nerve. Common causes include:
- repetitive and forceful grasping with the hand
- repetitive bending of the wrist
- thyroid imbalance
- sugar diabetes
- hormonal changes during menopause
- broken or dislocated bones.
- Fractures - The bones in your hands, wrists, arms, and legs can absorb shock by giving in slightly and then returning to their original shape and position. If the force is too great, bones will break, causing a fracture. There are different degrees of fractures that can be sustained:
- Osteoporosis - A disease of progressive bone loss associated with an increased risk of fractures. Many of these are painful fractures of the hip, spine, wrist, arm and leg that often occur as a result of a fall. Bone densitometry tests can be performed to help us assess and manage your risks.
- Arthroscopy - This is a surgical procedure that helps orthopedic surgeons diagnose and treat problems inside a joint. The term "arthroscopy" literally means to "look within the joint." With the use of special arthroscopic instruments, many conditions can be treated this way, avoiding the need for open surgery.
- Joint Replacement - A joint replacement is when an arthritic or damaged joint is removed and replaced with an artificial joint, also known as a prosthesis.
- Casts and Splints - Splints and casts both support and protect injured bones and soft tissue. They help to reduce pain, swelling and muscle spasms and serve to immobilize the protected area while it is healing.
One in seven Americans suffers from a musculoskeletal impairment. It is important to talk to your doctor as soon as these issues occur. For all your orthopedic needs, our friendly and professional staff is here to answer any questions you have about our company or our services.
Call North Suburban Orthopedic Associates, Inc. today at 781-665-9500 to schedule an appointment with one of our orthopedic surgeons, or browse our website for information regarding orthopedics, physical therapy or sports medicine. For more information please contact us.
For our physical therapy please call: